Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rebirth of Progged?

Progged was born years ago, out of a desire for me to write about some of the music that I love.  Over the years it has added a writer (my amazingly talented brother) and has covered a variety of different types of music.  It has gone through active periods and some long droughts of new content.

Part of the issue with the droughts was my desire for things to be very ordered.  I had this idea in my head of what made a good review.  However, this often made it so reviews took longer to write, or were just plain difficult to fit into the mold.

Due to that, and the huge backlog I have of music articles to write, I am going to just write however and whatever I write, and invite my brother to do the same.  Currently he and I are listening to very different styles of music, and I would love to know what he is enjoying about his music, and I hope that any who stop by to read will find something rewarding.

There will still be reviews, but I envision them much more loose in structure.  I am not a professional critic, a professional musician, or a professional writer.  I am just a dude who likes to sing, play the guitar a little and play Rock Band.  Yes, that means I will probably include some music game articles here as I think they are germane.

Hopefully this can be a full rebirth, and hopefully someone will join us along the way.  Please feel free to leave comments.  I have turned on comment moderation as the spam has been getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment